Wednesday 18 January 2012

In the wise words of Gisele!

"People think if you look after yourself you’re being selfish, you know. But what Tom  (Gisele's equally hot husband) taught me is that in order to be your best, you have to honor your own needs first. If I honor my needs first, I will be the best wife, the best mom, the best sister, the best friend. I have to come first, because then everyone benefits." Source: Gisele - Million Looks

I know what you are probably thinking - easy for the supermodel with a gazillon dollars to say. But isn't it true that on those rare occasions when you do put yourself at the front of the queue before everyone and everything else, you actually feel and are 100% better for doing it.

This year I have made it a resolution to do something that is totally about me (catch up with friends, meditate, go to the gym - ha! ha!, read a book) once a week and yep I am sticking to it and yep by Sunday I am no longer the wicked witch of the west.

PS. Took me awhile to work it out but having a job is not actually doing something for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment